Part of our mission is to make finding and reaching tech talent more accessible for anyone regardless of geography or budget.
Solutions that use personal data have to comply with regulations like the GDPR.
Also our customers, like agency recruiters and in-house recruiters, have to comply with GDPR regulations and therefore also have to use GDPR proof solutions.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is set to protect data privacy. The regulation is primarily focussed on personal data which is in simple terms any information related to an individual like names, contact details and location data.
What HeroHunt.ai does differently compared to sourcing solutions
- Because HeroHunt.ai is a real-time search engine, data is not stored for a long time in databases, it is temporarily available to the recruiter who has a legitimate interest in using the data (as opposed to sourcing solutions which store data for a very long time, sometimes years, in their own databases)
- HeroHunt.ai uses public data only, which is made public by individuals in a professional context (as opposed to sourcing solutions which use private databases with confidential information)
- HeroHunt.ai makes sure the processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests of providing talent search services, making sure that those interests are never overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject (as opposed to solutions which use personal data for a variety of use cases and services)
With that HeroHunt.ai adheres to the GDPR principles including
- Data minimisation and only collects and processes personal data that is necessary in relation to providing talent search services or for complying with requests of public authorities.
- Data accuracy and performs a revision at least twice a year on all the personal data stored to ensure the data is accurate, up to date, and complete. If, during the revision, we find that some personal data has become inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, we rectify or erase that without delay. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the public sources used to collect data.
- Storage limitation and keeps personal data in a form which permits identification of data subjects and stores for no longer than is necessary for the purposes of providing talent search services, or for complying with requests of public authorities. If we find that some personal data is no longer necessary for our purposes, we erase that personal data.
Integrity and confidentiality of personal data by having appropriate technical and organizational measures in place. If we learn of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify those affected electronically so that they can take appropriate protective steps. In addition, we may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. If anyone becomes aware of a security breach, we welcome and will act upon any notification.