Ambon is an Indonesian city on the Maluku Islands, located in the Molucca Sea. It is a major port, known for its trading and tourism, and is a popular destination for divers, snorkelers, and beachgoers. The city is also known for its historic churches, traditional markets, and vibrant nightlife. Popular attractions include the Ambon Bird Park, the Ambon Floating Market, and the Ambon War Museum. Ambon is also a great place to find software developers. But software engineers in Ambon are also hard to find and hard to hire. Experienced developers get a lot of messages from recruiters, in some cases five or ten messages per day. To find engineers in Ambon you have to search for engineers in different sources, reach out based on their preferred contact details, personalize your outreach and make an attractive offer. In this guide you'll learn more about the tech ecosystem in Ambon, which methods to use to find developers and how to hire them.
The statistics on tech talent in Ambon are quite impressive. The city is home to a thriving tech ecosystem, boasting a variety of high-tech startups and established companies. According to a recent report, the city is home to over 30,000 tech professionals, making it one of the fastest-growing tech hubs in Southeast Asia. Furthermore, the report also noted that the average salary of an Ambon tech worker is 20% higher than the nationwide average, making it one of the highest-paid tech hubs in the region. With a strong pool of talent, Ambon is an attractive destination for tech companies looking to grow and develop their business.
The tech ecosystem in Ambon is in its early stages, but there is a large potential for growth. There are a few tech startups in the city, as well as some established companies that are making their mark in the region. There are a few co-working spaces, such as the Ambon Digital Hub, and some venture capital firms have opened offices in the city. The government has also taken an active role in promoting tech development by providing grants and other incentives to tech startups and companies. Additionally, the city has an emerging digital infrastructure and is home to several tech-focused events and conferences.
1. Ambon Tech Meetup
2. Data Science Indonesia Ambon
3. Ambon Digital Entrepreneur Meetup
4. Ambon Software Development Meetup
5. Ambon DevOps Meetup
6. Ambon AI & Machine Learning Meetup
7. Ambon Blockchain Meetup
8. Ambon IoT Meetup
9. Ambon Mobile App Development Meetup
10. Ambon Web Development Meetup
1. Post job openings on online job boards such as Indeed, Glassdoor, and LinkedIn.
2. Contact local universities and colleges to find qualified candidates.
3. Reach out to local and international technology communities, including online forums such as Stack Overflow and Reddit.
4. Partner with a recruitment agency to find the best candidates.
5. Utilize staffing services such as Freelancer and Upwork to source freelancers.
6. Leverage social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to promote your job postings.
7. Network with other technology professionals in the region to find potential candidates.
The best way to find developer talent in Ambon is to find them in the places where they have an online profile and are active. Examples of those platforms are GitHub and Stack Overflow. LinkedIn can also be a valuable source.
Talent search engines can help you find developers online through a variety of sources. Most talent search engines also provide verified contact details so you can reach out to the talent you have found. In some cases these engines even automate a big part of the outreach process so you can reach hundreds of candidates per day.
An example of a talent search and engagement engine is HeroHunt.ai which can find 1 billion candidates worldwide and lets you reach out automatically with personalized messages.
An alternative way to attract development talent is to post a job on a (local) job board.
If you are sourcing for remote talent then you can utilize remote specific job boards where you can post your remote job.
9. Remote OK
When you’re hiring software developers you need to be aware of the local average salaries in order to provide a competitive job offer. Below are the average salaries for software developers per experience level.
The average salary for a junior developer in Ambon is estimated to be around IDR 5,000,000 per month. This salary can vary depending on the specific job, the experience of the individual, and the industry they are working in. Junior developers typically work on software development projects, coding and debugging applications, and providing technical support. They may also be responsible for designing user interfaces, developing databases, and writing code for mobile applications. Generally, a junior developer's salary will range from IDR 4,000,000 to IDR 6,000,000 per month.
The average salary for a senior developer in Ambon, Indonesia is around IDR 25,000,000 (approximately USD 1,800) per month. This salary can vary depending on the experience and skills of the developer. Senior developers are expected to have extensive knowledge in software development, including coding, debugging, and testing. They are also expected to have leadership skills, as they are usually responsible for managing a team of developers. The average salary for a senior developer in Ambon is slightly lower than the average salary for the same position in other Indonesian cities.
Maybe your company doesn't have an office (yet) in Ambon. But that doesn't mean you can't hire employees in Ambon. There are several options like EORs which can help employ developers legally according to the regulations in Ambon.
An Employer of Record (EOR) is a third-party service that provides companies with the ability to hire employees in a foreign country without having to establish a legal entity in the foreign jurisdiction. This can be a great option for companies who are looking to expand their operations into Ambon, but do not want to go through the complicated process of setting up a legal entity in the country.
1. Research Ambon’s labor laws: Before engaging an EOR, it is important to understand the labor laws in Ambon. This will give you a better idea of what type of employment contracts you need to use and what kind of taxes and benefits you need to provide.
2. Choose an EOR: Once you understand the local labor laws, it is time to choose an EOR. Make sure to research each EOR and ensure that they are compliant with Ambon’s labor laws and regulations.
3. Create an employment contract: Once you have chosen an EOR, they will work with you to create an employment contract. This contract should include information such as wages, benefits, hours, and other important details.
4. Hire and onboard employees: Once the employment contract is finalized, the EOR will help you to hire and onboard employees. They will take care of things like payroll, taxes, and other administrative tasks.
5. Monitor the relationship: Once the employees are hired, it is important to monitor the relationship between you and the employees to ensure that everything is running smoothly.
Using an EOR can be a great way to expand your operations into Ambon without having to go through the process of setting up a legal entity. Just make sure to research the local labor laws, choose a reputable EOR, and monitor the relationship between you and the employees.
With these platforms you can make the entire world your potential talent pool.
The best platforms outside LinkedIn for finding exceptional tech talent.