Amsterdam is the capital and most populous city of the Netherlands. It is situated in the country's western part, in the province of North Holland, with a population of 872,680, and is the cultural and financial heart of the country. Amsterdam is renowned for its canals, beautiful architecture, and liberal culture. It has a wide range of attractions, including museums, galleries, parks, and markets, as well as an extensive nightlife scene. Visitors to Amsterdam can enjoy the city's unique culture, history, art, and architecture.
Statistics on tech talent in Amsterdam paint a picture of a vibrant tech ecosystem. Amsterdam is the third largest startup hub in Europe, with over 4,000 startups and over 80,000 tech employees. It is a leading innovation hub in Europe, with a higher rate of tech startups per capita than any other European city. The tech sector in Amsterdam is growing rapidly, with a growth rate of 11.4% in the past two years. Amsterdam also has a high concentration of highly educated tech talent, with over 50% of the tech workforce having a university degree. The city is also home to a number of tech incubators, accelerators, and venture capital investments, making it an attractive destination for tech talent from around the world.
The tech ecosystem in Amsterdam is extremely vibrant and diverse. The city is home to many startups, tech companies, incubators and accelerators, research and development centers, venture capital firms, and a wide variety of other organizations and institutions. The city is also a major hub for tech talent, with a large number of international students and professionals from around the world looking to make the most of the city’s open and progressive attitude. Amsterdam is also an attractive destination for tech companies looking to expand their operations, thanks to its well-developed infrastructure, easy accessibility, and growing tech ecosystem.
1. Amsterdam PHP Meetup
2. Amsterdam Python Meetup
3. DevOps Amsterdam
4. Amsterdam Data Science Meetup
5. Amsterdam AI & Machine Learning Meetup
7. Amsterdam DevOps Meetup
8. Amsterdam Blockchain Meetup
9. Amsterdam FinTech Meetup
10. Amsterdam GameDev Meetup
1. Use Job Boards: Job boards are one of the most popular ways to source software development talent in Amsterdam. Popular job boards include Indeed, Monster, Stackoverflow, and AngelList.
2. Use Local Professional Networks: Professional networks such as Meetup, LinkedIn, and Facebook are great resources for sourcing software development talent in Amsterdam.
3. Use Freelance Platforms: Platforms such as Upwork and Freelancer are great for finding freelancers for specific software development tasks.
4. Attend Local Events: Attending local events such as hackathons and conferences can be a great way to meet potential software development talent in Amsterdam.
5. Reach Out to Local Universities: Universities and colleges often have a list of their graduates who are looking for software development positions. You can reach out directly to these candidates or contact the universities’ career services departments.
The best way to find developer talent in Amsterdam is to find them in the places where they have an online profile and are active. Examples of those platforms are GitHub and Stack Overflow. LinkedIn can also be a valuable source.
Talent search engines can help you find developers online through a variety of sources. Most talent search engines also provide verified contact details so you can reach out to the talent you have found. In some cases these engines even automate a big part of the outreach process so you can reach hundreds of candidates per day.
An example of a talent search and engagement engine is HeroHunt.ai which can find 1 billion candidates worldwide and lets you reach out automatically with personalized messages.
An alternative way to attract development talent is to post a job on a (local) job board.
5. Stack Overflow
8. Top Talent
If you are sourcing for remote talent then you can utilize remote specific job boards where you can post your remote job.
8. Remote OK
10. Stack Overflow Jobs
When you’re hiring software developers you need to be aware of the local average salaries in order to provide a competitive job offer. Below are the average salaries for software developers per experience level.
The average salary for a junior developer in Amsterdam is €44,000 per year. This salary range can vary depending on the company, the exact role and the experience of the developer. Generally, junior developers in Amsterdam are expected to have some experience coding in a particular language, a basic understanding of web development, and the ability to work in a team. They may also be asked to take on additional responsibilities such as creating technical documents, debugging, and providing technical support.
The average salary for a senior developer in Amsterdam is around €65,000 per year. This figure can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and the exact job role. Generally, senior developers are expected to have several years of experience in software development, be able to work independently and with a team, and have a good grasp of coding and software engineering principles. They should have a deep understanding of software development processes and tools, and be able to develop high-quality applications and software products. Additionally, strong communication and problem-solving skills are essential for senior developers.
Maybe your company doesn't have an office (yet) in Amsterdam. But that doesn't mean you can't hire employees in Amsterdam. There are several options like EORs which can help employ developers legally according to the regulations in Amsterdam.
An Employer of Record (EOR) is a company or service provider that acts as an employer on behalf of another company. An EOR can be used in Amsterdam to help companies hire employees without having to deal with the time-consuming and complex process of setting up a legal entity in the city.
Here are the steps to use an EOR in Amsterdam:
1. Identify the right EOR: Research and identify a reputable EOR in Amsterdam that offers the best services to meet your needs.
2. Sign an agreement: Sign an agreement with the EOR that outlines the responsibilities and services of the employer and the employee.
3. Register the employees: Register the employees with the EOR to ensure that all the necessary taxes, benefits, and other legal requirements are met.
4. Manage payroll: The EOR will manage the payroll for the employees, ensuring that all the necessary taxes and contributions are paid accurately and on time.
5. Monitor employee performance: The EOR will monitor the performance of the employees, ensuring they are meeting the required standards.
6. Provide benefits: The EOR will provide benefits to the employees, such as health insurance, vacation time, and other benefits.
7. Monitor compliance: The EOR will ensure that the company is compliant with the relevant laws and regulations in Amsterdam.
Using an EOR in Amsterdam can help companies save time and money while reducing the stress of dealing with the complex legal requirements in the city.
With these platforms you can make the entire world your potential talent pool.
The best platforms outside LinkedIn for finding exceptional tech talent.