Anaheim is a city located in Orange County, California. It is the most populated city in the county and the 10th most populated city in the state. Anaheim is home to the famous Disneyland Resort, which is a major tourist destination. The city also has numerous other attractions, such as Knott's Berry Farm and the Honda Center. Anaheim is a vibrant, diverse city that has something for everyone. Anaheim is also a great place to find software developers. But software engineers in Anaheim are also hard to find and hard to hire. Experienced developers get a lot of messages from recruiters, in some cases five or ten messages per day. To find engineers in Anaheim you have to search for engineers in different sources, reach out based on their preferred contact details, personalize your outreach and make an attractive offer. In this guide you'll learn more about the tech ecosystem in Anaheim, which methods to use to find developers and how to hire them.
Anaheim is one of the leading tech hubs in California. It has a large pool of tech talent, with over 40,000 tech jobs available in the area. The tech talent in Anaheim is diverse and highly skilled, with many of the jobs requiring advanced degrees in computer science or engineering. The median salary for tech jobs in Anaheim is around $118,000, and the cost of living is quite affordable. The city has a strong infrastructure for tech companies, with access to plenty of resources and a supportive business environment. Additionally, there are several incubators and accelerators in the city, providing startups and entrepreneurs with a network of support.
The tech ecosystem in Anaheim is vibrant and diverse. It includes a variety of organizations, institutions, and companies, all working together to foster innovation and growth. The tech sector in Anaheim includes startups, incubators, accelerators, venture capital firms, tech companies, and educational institutions. Anaheim is home to the University of California, Irvine, the Orange County Technology Alliance, and the Anaheim Business Accelerator, which provides resources and mentorship for startups. Additionally, the city is home to the AngelHack hackathon, the Orange County Entrepreneurial Summit, and the AngelHack Innovation Center. These events offer entrepreneurs a platform to network, collaborate, and learn from industry experts. Anaheim also has a vibrant tech community, with numerous tech meetups and networking events.
1. Orange County Web Developers
2. Orange County .NET User Group
3. Orange County DevOps
4. Orange County Java User Group
5. Orange County Women in Tech
6. Orange County Women Who Code
7. Anaheim Software Engineering Meetup
8. Anaheim Entrepreneurship Meetup
9. Anaheim IoT Meetup
10. Anaheim Mobile App Developers Meetup
1. Use Job Platforms: Utilize job platforms such as Indeed, Monster, and Glassdoor to find software development talent in the Anaheim area.
2. Network: Networking is a powerful tool for finding software development talent. Reach out to professionals in the software development field in the Anaheim area and ask for referrals.
3. Social Media: Use social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to post job openings for software developers in the Anaheim area.
4. Professional Organizations: Connect with professional organizations like IEEE, ACM, and SIGGRAPH to find software developers in the Anaheim area.
5. Local Universities: Contact local universities and colleges such as University of California, Irvine and California State University, Fullerton to find software development talent.
The best way to find developer talent in Anaheim is to find them in the places where they have an online profile and are active. Examples of those platforms are GitHub and Stack Overflow. LinkedIn can also be a valuable source.
Talent search engines can help you find developers online through a variety of sources. Most talent search engines also provide verified contact details so you can reach out to the talent you have found. In some cases these engines even automate a big part of the outreach process so you can reach hundreds of candidates per day.
An example of a talent search and engagement engine is HeroHunt.ai which can find 1 billion candidates worldwide and lets you reach out automatically with personalized messages.
An alternative way to attract development talent is to post a job on a (local) job board.
8. The Ladders
If you are sourcing for remote talent then you can utilize remote specific job boards where you can post your remote job.
8. We Work Remotely
9. Stack Overflow
When you’re hiring software developers you need to be aware of the local average salaries in order to provide a competitive job offer. Below are the average salaries for software developers per experience level.
The average salary for a senior developer in Anaheim, California is $106,744 per year. This salary is based on the most up-to-date salary data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and includes the base salary, bonuses, and other forms of compensation. The median salary for senior developers in Anaheim is $106,744, so half of all senior developers in the area are making more than this amount, while the other half is making less. The salary range for senior developers in Anaheim is typically between $88,106 and $125,383. Those in the upper 10th percentile of earners can expect to make over $125,383 a year.
Maybe your company doesn't have an office (yet) in Anaheim. But that doesn't mean you can't hire employees in Anaheim. There are several options like EORs which can help employ developers legally according to the regulations in Anaheim.
An Employer of Record (EOR) is a third-party organization that acts as an employer for a worker in a different jurisdiction. This type of arrangement is used in a wide range of industries, including the hospitality and tourism sector in Anaheim, California. An EOR can help employers with payroll, tax payments, benefits, and other HR activities.
1. Choose an EOR: The first step is to find a reliable EOR in the Anaheim area. You can go online and search for local companies offering EOR services, or you can contact the California Employment Development Department (EDD) for a list of qualified providers.
2. Review Services and Fees: Once you have identified an EOR, you will need to review their services and fees to ensure that they are the right fit for your needs. You will also want to make sure that the EOR has experience working in the hospitality and tourism sector in Anaheim.
3. Sign an Agreement: Once you have chosen an EOR, you will need to sign an agreement outlining the services and fees you will be paying.
4. Submit Required Documents: You will also need to submit any required documents to the EOR, such as a signed employment contract, payroll information, and any other relevant documents.
5. Start Payroll: The EOR will then start the payroll process for your employees in Anaheim. This includes processing payroll taxes, managing benefits and insurance, and other HR activities.
6. Monitor Payment: The last step is to monitor the payment to the EOR to ensure that it is accurate and timely.
Using an EOR in Anaheim can be a great way to streamline HR activities and save money on payroll and other costs. By following the steps outlined above, you can ensure that you find the right EOR for your needs.
With these platforms you can make the entire world your potential talent pool.
The best platforms outside LinkedIn for finding exceptional tech talent.