Antananarivo, or Tana, as it is commonly known, is the capital city of Madagascar. It is the largest city on the island and a center of commerce, culture, and politics. The city is located in the central highlands and is home to a population of over 2 million people. Tana is known for its vibrant culture, rich history, and picturesque landscape. The city is also home to several important landmarks, including the Rova of Antananarivo, an impressive royal palace. Antananarivo is also a great place to find software developers. But software engineers in Antananarivo are also hard to find and hard to hire. Experienced developers get a lot of messages from recruiters, in some cases five or ten messages per day. To find engineers in Antananarivo you have to search for engineers in different sources, reach out based on their preferred contact details, personalize your outreach and make an attractive offer. In this guide you'll learn more about the tech ecosystem in Antananarivo, which methods to use to find developers and how to hire them.
The statistics on tech talent in Antananarivo show that the city is a rapidly growing tech hub in Africa. According to data from the Antananarivo Economic Development Board, the city has seen an increase in tech startups, tech companies, and tech-related investments over the past few years. The city is home to over 50 tech startups and tech companies, with hiring opportunities for tech professionals growing at a rapid pace. The data also suggests that the number of tech professionals is expected to grow significantly in the coming years, as the demand for tech talent increases.
The tech ecosystem in Antananarivo, Madagascar is growing steadily. There are a number of organizations and initiatives, such as the Antananarivo Digital Hub and the Digital Madagascar Association, that are promoting digital entrepreneurship and fostering the development of tech skills and businesses. In addition, the government has provided grants and assistance to startups and entrepreneurs, and there are several venture capital firms that are investing in the local tech industry. The city also has a number of co-working spaces, incubators, and accelerators that are helping to foster innovation. Moreover, a number of international tech companies, such as Google, IBM, and Microsoft, have opened offices in the city, providing further access to resources and expertise.
2. Antananarivo Developers Meetup
3. Madagascar Open Source Software Meetup
5. Antananarivo DevOps Meetup
6. Antananarivo UI/UX Meetup
7. Antananarivo Digital Marketing Meetup
8. Antananarivo Machine Learning Meetup
9. Antananarivo Data Science Meetup
10. Antananarivo Blockchain Meetup
1. Utilize online job boards and websites, such as Indeed, Monster, and Glassdoor, to post job openings and source software development talent in Antananarivo.
2. Leverage social media channels such as LinkedIn and Twitter to share job postings and attract software development talent in Antananarivo.
3. Reach out to local universities, technical schools, and coding bootcamps to source software development talent in Antananarivo.
4. Contact local software development firms and independent developers to inquire about potential talent in Antananarivo.
5. Participate in local tech events and conferences to network and meet potential software development talent in Antananarivo.
The best way to find developer talent in Antananarivo is to find them in the places where they have an online profile and are active. Examples of those platforms are GitHub and Stack Overflow. LinkedIn can also be a valuable source.
Talent search engines can help you find developers online through a variety of sources. Most talent search engines also provide verified contact details so you can reach out to the talent you have found. In some cases these engines even automate a big part of the outreach process so you can reach hundreds of candidates per day.
An example of a talent search and engagement engine is HeroHunt.ai which can find 1 billion candidates worldwide and lets you reach out automatically with personalized messages.
An alternative way to attract development talent is to post a job on a (local) job board.
10. Facebook Jobs
If you are sourcing for remote talent then you can utilize remote specific job boards where you can post your remote job.
9. We Work Remotely
10. Remote OK
When you’re hiring software developers you need to be aware of the local average salaries in order to provide a competitive job offer. Below are the average salaries for software developers per experience level.
The average salary for a junior developer in Antananarivo, Madagascar is approximately $1,000 per month. This salary is typically used for entry-level or junior developers who are just starting out or still gaining experience in the industry. This salary may vary based on the company or type of work the developer is doing, but in general, it is a good starting point for those seeking to build a career in software development in Antananarivo.
The average salary for a senior developer in Antananarivo, Madagascar, is approximately $25,000 per year. This salary can vary depending on experience and qualifications. Senior developers in Antananarivo typically work on back-end development or full-stack development of software applications, web applications, and mobile applications. They are often responsible for overseeing the development process and ensuring the quality of the code. Additionally, senior developers often provide technical guidance to more junior developers.
Maybe your company doesn't have an office (yet) in Antananarivo. But that doesn't mean you can't hire employees in Antananarivo. There are several options like EORs which can help employ developers legally according to the regulations in Antananarivo.
An Employer of Record (EOR) is an entity that is responsible for an employee’s payroll, taxes, and other legal requirements in a specific country. This is especially useful for companies that are looking to expand their operations around the world, as it can help to simplify the process of hiring and managing employees in a foreign country. In Antananarivo, Madagascar, an EOR can be used to help manage payroll and other legal requirements for a company’s employees.
1. Research the local labor laws and regulations in Antananarivo: Before you can use an EOR, it’s important to understand the local labor laws and regulations in Antananarivo. This will help you determine the best way to structure the employment agreement and ensure that you are compliant with the local laws.
2. Choose an EOR: There are many EORs that offer services in Antananarivo. You should research each one to ensure that they have experience in the local market and that they can provide the services you need.
3. Draft an employment agreement: Once you have chosen an EOR, you should draft an employment agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of the employment. This agreement should be reviewed and approved by the EOR before it is signed.
4. Set up payroll: The EOR will be responsible for setting up payroll for your employees in Antananarivo. They will ensure that all taxes and deductions are correctly calculated and paid to the local government.
5. Monitor compliance: The EOR will be responsible for ensuring that your company is compliant with all local labor laws and regulations. They will also provide advice on any changes that may be required to ensure ongoing compliance.
Using an EOR in Antananarivo can help simplify the process of hiring and managing employees in a foreign country. It is important to research the local labor laws and regulations and choose an experienced EOR to ensure that your company remains compliant with local laws.
With these platforms you can make the entire world your potential talent pool.
The best platforms outside LinkedIn for finding exceptional tech talent.