Antwerp is the second-largest city in Belgium and the capital of the Antwerp province. Located on the River Scheldt, the city is known for its rich history, vibrant culture, and its diamond industry. The city is home to the Antwerp Zoo, the world's oldest zoo, and is the birthplace of the painter Peter Paul Rubens. Antwerp is also a major port city, with a long maritime heritage, and has strong ties to the fashion and art worlds. Antwerp is also a great place to find software developers. But software engineers in Antwerp are also hard to find and hard to hire. Experienced developers get a lot of messages from recruiters, in some cases five or ten messages per day. To find engineers in Antwerp you have to search for engineers in different sources, reach out based on their preferred contact details, personalize your outreach and make an attractive offer. In this guide you'll learn more about the tech ecosystem in Antwerp, which methods to use to find developers and how to hire them.
Antwerp is a rapidly growing tech hub in Belgium, with a vibrant tech talent scene. The city is home to over 4,500 tech professionals, with a high concentration of talent in software engineering and data science. The average salary for tech professionals in Antwerp is around $70,000 per year, and the city boasts a vibrant start-up ecosystem, with over 200 start-ups in the city. Antwerp also has a number of well-respected universities and technical colleges, which produce world-class graduates. With its strong talent pool, excellent quality of life, and a thriving tech scene, Antwerp is an attractive destination for tech professionals.
The tech ecosystem in Antwerp is vibrant and growing. The city is home to a number of tech startups, accelerators, incubators, and venture capital firms. The Antwerp-based startup accelerator StartupBootcamp, for instance, provides mentorship and support to early-stage innovative tech startups. In addition, there are a growing number of co-working spaces that provide support to tech entrepreneurs. The city also hosts a number of tech events, such as the Antwerp Digital Summit and the Antwerp Tech Job Fair. Furthermore, the city is home to several universities, such as the University of Antwerp, which offers degrees in computer science and engineering. Finally, the city is home to a number of large companies, such as Google and Microsoft, who have set up offices in Antwerp.
3. Antwerp Tech Talk
4. Antwerp Cloud User Group
5. Antwerp Data Science Meetup
6. Antwerp Coding Meetup
7. Antwerp AI Meetup
8. Antwerp DevOps Meetup
9. Antwerp Startups Meetup
10. Antwerp Blockchain Meetup
1. Utilize Online Job Platforms - Utilizing online job platforms such as LinkedIn, Indeed, and Monster is a great way to source software development talent in Antwerp. These platforms are used by many experienced software developers who are looking for new opportunities.
2. Reach Out to Local Universities - Reaching out to local universities is also a great way to source software development talent in Antwerp. Many universities have computer science and engineering programs that produce high-quality software developers.
3. Network with Local Developers - Networking with local developers is also an effective way to source software development talent in Antwerp. By attending events such as meetups and hackathons, you can build relationships with developers and find out who may be interested in new opportunities.
4. Leverage Recruitment Agencies - Leveraging recruitment agencies is another great way to source software development talent in Antwerp. Recruitment agencies can help you identify and recruit software developers with the right skills and experience for your project.
The best way to find developer talent in Antwerp is to find them in the places where they have an online profile and are active. Examples of those platforms are GitHub and Stack Overflow. LinkedIn can also be a valuable source.
Talent search engines can help you find developers online through a variety of sources. Most talent search engines also provide verified contact details so you can reach out to the talent you have found. In some cases these engines even automate a big part of the outreach process so you can reach hundreds of candidates per day.
An example of a talent search and engagement engine is HeroHunt.ai which can find 1 billion candidates worldwide and lets you reach out automatically with personalized messages.
An alternative way to attract development talent is to post a job on a (local) job board.
6. The Network
7. Antwerp Job Portal
8. Antwerp Recruiters
9. Antwerp Job Fair
10. Antwerp Job Boards
If you are sourcing for remote talent then you can utilize remote specific job boards where you can post your remote job.
5. We Work Remotely
When you’re hiring software developers you need to be aware of the local average salaries in order to provide a competitive job offer. Below are the average salaries for software developers per experience level.
The average salary for a junior developer in Antwerp is €35,000 per year. This salary can vary widely depending on a variety of factors including experience, skills, education, and specialty. Those with more experience and higher levels of education tend to earn more than those with less experience and fewer qualifications. Additionally, those with specialized skills, such as mobile development and software engineering, may command higher salaries.
The average salary for a senior developer in Antwerp is €58,748 per year. Salaries range from €51,323 at the lower end to €67,204 at the higher end. A senior developer in Antwerp typically earns a base salary plus bonuses, with the highest earners making up to €72,364. The average senior developer in Antwerp also receives additional benefits such as health insurance, vacation and sick leave, and retirement contributions.
Maybe your company doesn't have an office (yet) in Antwerp. But that doesn't mean you can't hire employees in Antwerp. There are several options like EORs which can help employ developers legally according to the regulations in Antwerp.
An Employer of Record (EOR) is a third-party provider that acts as a local employer to hire employees on your behalf in Antwerp. An EOR can help you hire employees in Antwerp quickly and easily, without you having to set up a local legal entity or manage the employment process yourself.
Here is how you can use an EOR to hire employees in Antwerp:
1. Identify your needs: Determine the type of employee you need to hire in Antwerp, as well as the skills and qualifications you are looking for.
2. Research EORs: Research different EORs to find the one that best suits your needs. Make sure to read reviews and compare services to find the provider that is right for you.
3. Contact the EOR: Once you have identified a potential EOR, contact them to discuss your requirements and how they can help you.
4. Evaluate their services: Make sure the EOR is experienced in the Antwerp labour laws and regulations, and that they are able to provide all the services you need.
5. Sign the contract: Once you have chosen an EOR, read and sign the contract.
6. Hire the employee: The EOR will take care of the entire hiring process, from recruitment to onboarding.
By using an EOR, you can save time and money, and ensure that you are compliant with local laws and regulations.
With these platforms you can make the entire world your potential talent pool.
The best platforms outside LinkedIn for finding exceptional tech talent.