Auckland is the largest city in New Zealand and is located on the North Island. It is the most populous urban area in the country, with a population of over 1.6 million people. Auckland is a major economic and cultural hub, with a diverse range of industries and attractions. It is home to the country's largest port, and the city center is a vibrant and lively urban center. Auckland is home to numerous parks, beaches, restaurants, and other attractions, making it a popular destination for both locals and tourists alike. Auckland is also a great place to find software developers. But software engineers in Auckland are also hard to find and hard to hire. Experienced developers get a lot of messages from recruiters, in some cases five or ten messages per day. To find engineers in Auckland you have to search for engineers in different sources, reach out based on their preferred contact details, personalize your outreach and make an attractive offer. In this guide you'll learn more about the tech ecosystem in Auckland, which methods to use to find developers and how to hire them.
The statistics on tech talent in Auckland are extremely positive. The city is home to some of the most innovative tech companies in the world, and it is quickly becoming one of the most desirable places to work in the tech industry. According to the most recent data, Auckland is home to over 5,000 tech professionals, with a majority of them being software engineers. Auckland also boasts a wide range of tech-related job opportunities, with the majority of them being in the software industry. Additionally, the city is home to a thriving tech startup ecosystem, with the number of tech startups in the city growing rapidly. In sum, Auckland is one of the most vibrant tech cities in the world and is quickly becoming a hub for tech talent.
The tech ecosystem in Auckland is vibrant and well-connected. It is home to a number of world-class tech companies, such as Xero, Spark, and Vend, as well as a vibrant start-up community with a variety of accelerators and incubators. There are a number of meet-up groups and events that promote collaboration and provide resources for entrepreneurs and tech enthusiasts alike. Additionally, the city has a well-developed infrastructure that allows for easy access to the latest technologies. The government has also been supportive of the tech industry, providing incentives for companies to locate and grow in Auckland.
2. Auckland Tech & Digital Meetup
3. AWS User Group Auckland
4. Auckland Cloud Native Meetup
5. Google Developer Group Auckland
6. IoT Lab Auckland
7. Auckland Web Developers Meetup
8. Auckland Tech Meetup
9. Ruby Auckland
10. Auckland Machine Learning Meetup
1. Networking: Leverage your professional network to reach out to skilled software developers in Auckland. Ask for referrals, recommendations, and advice.
2. Professional Groups: Join online and offline professional software development groups in Auckland. Here you can reach out to professionals and ask for referrals, advice, and job postings.
3. Job Boards/Recruiting Sites: Use job boards and recruiting sites to find software developers in Auckland. Post job openings and check out the resumes that come in.
4. Social Media Platforms: Reach out to software developers in Auckland through social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
5. Technical Schools: Contact technical schools in the Auckland area to see if there are any software development courses that are being offered.
6. Hiring Firms: Consider hiring a professional recruiting firm that specializes in software development. They can help you find the right talent for your needs.
The best way to find developer talent in Auckland is to find them in the places where they have an online profile and are active. Examples of those platforms are GitHub and Stack Overflow. LinkedIn can also be a valuable source.
Talent search engines can help you find developers online through a variety of sources. Most talent search engines also provide verified contact details so you can reach out to the talent you have found. In some cases these engines even automate a big part of the outreach process so you can reach hundreds of candidates per day.
An example of a talent search and engagement engine is HeroHunt.ai which can find 1 billion candidates worldwide and lets you reach out automatically with personalized messages.
An alternative way to attract development talent is to post a job on a (local) job board.
5. Trade Me Jobs
10. The Loop
If you are sourcing for remote talent then you can utilize remote specific job boards where you can post your remote job.
9. We Work Remotely
When you’re hiring software developers you need to be aware of the local average salaries in order to provide a competitive job offer. Below are the average salaries for software developers per experience level.
The average salary for a junior developer in Auckland is around NZ$75,000 per year. This can vary depending on the experience and qualifications of the individual, as well as the specific industry they are in. Junior developers typically work on small projects or tasks and may help design and implement systems, code, and applications. They might also help create and maintain databases, troubleshoot software issues, and provide technical support. With experience and further training, junior developers can move up the career ladder to become senior or lead developers.
The average salary for a senior developer in Auckland is NZ$91,913 per year. This salary can include base salaries, bonuses and other forms of compensation. Senior developers in Auckland have the potential to earn up to NZ$145,000 per year depending on experience, skills and responsibilities. Senior developers in this region are typically responsible for developing and maintaining software applications, designing and testing code, debugging and troubleshooting issues, and providing technical support. They may also be involved in creating user interfaces, developing databases, and developing software architecture.
Maybe your company doesn't have an office (yet) in Auckland. But that doesn't mean you can't hire employees in Auckland. There are several options like EORs which can help employ developers legally according to the regulations in Auckland.
An Employer of Record (EOR) is an outsourced employment solution that provides employers with a way to hire, manage and pay employees in different jurisdictions without having to set up a legal entity in those locations. This can be especially useful for businesses that are looking to grow into new markets, but don’t want to the hassle of setting up in-house operations in those locations.
Using an Employer of Record in Auckland is a great way for employers to gain access to local talent, while minimizing the administrative burden associated with expanding into a new jurisdiction. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
1. Find a reliable Employer of Record: The first step is to find a reliable EOR provider in Auckland. Make sure to do your research and read reviews to get a good sense of the company’s reputation and the services they offer.
2. Sign up for the service: Once you’ve found the right EOR provider, you’ll need to sign up for the service. This typically requires a contract and some paperwork, so make sure to read the terms and conditions carefully.
3. Hire and onboard employees: Once you’re set up, you can start hiring and onboarding employees through your EOR provider. They will handle the legal and compliance aspects of the employment process, as well as payroll and benefits administration.
4. Managing and paying employees: Your EOR provider will also be responsible for managing and paying employees in accordance with local laws and regulations. They will also handle the filing of any required taxes and other paperwork.
Using an EOR in Auckland is an efficient and cost-effective way for employers to expand their operations into new markets. With the right provider, employers can focus on growing their business, while their EOR handles the administrative and legal aspects of employment.
With these platforms you can make the entire world your potential talent pool.
The best platforms outside LinkedIn for finding exceptional tech talent.