Bahrain is an island country located in the Persian Gulf. It is an archipelago of 33 islands and has a population of 1.6 million people. It is a highly developed country with a diversified economy and a high standard of living. Bahrain is known for its oil and gas reserves, but it also has a thriving financial sector and a vibrant tourism industry. The country is known for its vibrant culture, with a mix of traditional and modern elements, and is home to a number of historical sites, including the ancient Dilmun civilization. Bahrain is also a great place to find software developers. But software engineers in Bahrain are also hard to find and hard to hire. Experienced developers get a lot of messages from recruiters, in some cases five or ten messages per day. To find engineers in Bahrain you have to search for engineers in different sources, reach out based on their preferred contact details, personalize your outreach and make an attractive offer. In this guide you'll learn more about the tech ecosystem in Bahrain, which methods to use to find developers and how to hire them.
• According to a recent survey by LinkedIn, the number of tech talent in Bahrain is estimated to be around 15,000 professionals.• The most in-demand tech skills in Bahrain are software engineering, .NET, Java, C#, and Python.• There is a growing demand for tech professionals in Bahrain, as the country is investing heavily in its digital infrastructure.• About 45 percent of tech professionals in Bahrain are women, making it one of the more gender-balanced countries in the region.• The average salary for tech professionals in Bahrain is around $4,000 per month.
The tech ecosystem in Bahrain is rapidly growing and becoming increasingly competitive. It is home to a number of technology-focused startups, venture capital firms, and other tech-oriented businesses. The country has made great strides in recent years to position itself as a regional hub for technology and innovation. The government has created initiatives to support the growth of the tech sector, such as the Bahrain Economic Development Board, which provides resources and support for tech entrepreneurs. Additionally, Bahrain has become a regional hub for innovation through its investments in digital infrastructure and the startup community. The country is home to a number of accelerators, incubators, and coworking spaces, as well as a vibrant tech community. As the tech ecosystem continues to grow, it is clear that Bahrain is on its way to becoming a major force in the tech world.
1. Bahraini Tech Meetup
2. Bahrain Startup Meetup
3. Bahrain Mobile App Developers Meetup
4. Bahrain DevOps Meetup
5. Bahrain Women in Tech Meetup
6. Bahrain Cyber Security Meetup
7. Bahrain Cloud Computing Meetup
8. Bahrain Technology Entrepreneurship Meetup
9. Bahrain Internet of Things Meetup
10. Bahrain Web & Mobile Meetup
1. Use Online Job Boards: Online job boards such as LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor are a great way to source software development talent in Bahrain. You can search for specific skills and roles, post job ads, and even get contact information for potential candidates.
2. Attend Networking Events: Networking events such as hackathons and technology meetups are great places to meet and connect with software developers and other IT professionals in Bahrain.
3. Reach Out to Universities: Universities and technical institutes are a great source of software development talent. Reach out to universities in Bahrain and connect with their career services department to post job openings and find potential candidates.
4. Use Recruiting Agencies: If you need more specialized skills, you can also work with recruiting agencies that specialize in tech talent in Bahrain. They will be able to help you find the right candidates for your software development roles.
5. Leverage Social Media: Social media is a powerful tool for finding software developers in Bahrain. Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media platforms to connect with potential candidates and post job openings.
The best way to find developer talent in Bahrain is to find them in the places where they have an online profile and are active. Examples of those platforms are GitHub and Stack Overflow. LinkedIn can also be a valuable source.
Talent search engines can help you find developers online through a variety of sources. Most talent search engines also provide verified contact details so you can reach out to the talent you have found. In some cases these engines even automate a big part of the outreach process so you can reach hundreds of candidates per day.
An example of a talent search and engagement engine is HeroHunt.ai which can find 1 billion candidates worldwide and lets you reach out automatically with personalized messages.
An alternative way to attract development talent is to post a job on a (local) job board.
If you are sourcing for remote talent then you can utilize remote specific job boards where you can post your remote job.
9. Virtual Vocations
When you’re hiring software developers you need to be aware of the local average salaries in order to provide a competitive job offer. Below are the average salaries for software developers per experience level.
The average salary for a senior developer in Bahrain is BD 2,550 (approx. US$6,764) per month. This salary range typically falls between BD 2,200 (approx. US$5,800) and BD 2,900 (approx. US$7,726) per month. This is based on an average working week of 45 hours.
Maybe your company doesn't have an office (yet) in Bahrain. But that doesn't mean you can't hire employees in Bahrain. There are several options like EORs which can help employ developers legally according to the regulations in Bahrain.
An Employer of Record (EOR) is a third-party organization that is used to facilitate the hiring of personnel in a foreign country. With an EOR, companies can hire an employee in a foreign country without having to establish a legal entity in that country or comply with local employment laws.
The use of an Employer of Record (EOR) in Bahrain can provide many advantages for businesses that are looking to hire personnel in this country. Here are the steps to take if you are considering using an EOR in Bahrain:
1. Research and select an EOR provider: In order to use an EOR in Bahrain, you must first select and research an EOR provider. When selecting an EOR provider, be sure to consider their experience and expertise in the Bahrain labor market, as well as their fees and reputation.
2. Establish a contract: Once you have chosen an EOR provider, you need to establish a contract outlining the terms and conditions of your agreement. The contract should include the type of employment arrangement, the length of the employment, the salary and benefits package, and any other relevant information.
3. Work with the EOR provider: Once the contract is established, you should work closely with your EOR provider to ensure that the hiring process is smooth and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with.
4. Monitor the employee’s performance: The EOR will be responsible for monitoring the employee’s performance and ensuring that all employment laws and regulations are followed. It is important to ensure that the employee is performing their duties in accordance with the agreement.
By using an Employer of Record (EOR) in Bahrain, companies can hire personnel in this country without having to establish a legal entity or comply with local employment laws. However, it is important to carefully research and select an EOR provider and to establish and monitor the employment agreement.
With these platforms you can make the entire world your potential talent pool.
The best platforms outside LinkedIn for finding exceptional tech talent.