Bakersfield is a city in Kern County, California. Located near the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, it is the county seat and largest city in Kern County. With a population of over 380,000, Bakersfield is one of the fastest growing cities in the state and is a hub for the oil and agriculture industries. It is also home to a vibrant music and entertainment scene and is a popular destination for outdoor recreation. Bakersfield is also a great place to find software developers. But software engineers in Bakersfield are also hard to find and hard to hire. Experienced developers get a lot of messages from recruiters, in some cases five or ten messages per day. To find engineers in Bakersfield you have to search for engineers in different sources, reach out based on their preferred contact details, personalize your outreach and make an attractive offer. In this guide you'll learn more about the tech ecosystem in Bakersfield, which methods to use to find developers and how to hire them.
Bakersfield, California is home to a growing tech talent pool, with a large number of workers in the information technology field. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the city has seen a dramatic increase in tech-related jobs in the last decade. The median salary for tech workers in the city is $78,542, which is higher than the national median. Additionally, the city is home to a high concentration of tech talent, with over 3,000 tech workers employed in the area. The concentration of tech talent is higher than the national average, making Bakersfield an ideal location for tech-related businesses.
The tech ecosystem in Bakersfield is growing rapidly. There are a variety of tech companies located in and around the city, ranging from startups to established organizations. Additionally, there are many technology-focused organizations and educational institutions in Bakersfield, including the California State University - Bakersfield, Bakersfield College, and the Kern County Economic Development Corporation, which all provide resources and opportunities to local tech entrepreneurs. Bakersfield is also home to a vibrant tech community, with meetups, hackathons, and other events held regularly. Finally, the city is in close proximity to the tech hubs of Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego, allowing for easy access to additional resources and talent.
1. Bakersfield Tech Meetup
2. Kern County Tech Meetup
3. Bakersfield WordPress Meetup
4. Bakersfield DevOps Meetup
5. Bakersfield Mobile App & Web Development Meetup
7. Bakersfield Cloud Computing Meetup
8. Bakersfield Data Science & Big Data Meetup
9. Bakersfield Women in Tech Meetup
10. Bakersfield AI & Machine Learning Meetup
1. Utilize Online Job Boards: Utilizing online job boards such as Indeed, Monster, and Craigslist, can be an effective way to source software development talent in Bakersfield.
2. Leverage Social Media: Leveraging social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook can be a great way to reach out to software development professionals in Bakersfield and build a network.
3. Partner with Local Universities: Partnering with local universities such as Bakersfield College and California State University, Bakersfield can be a great way to source and recruit software development talent in Bakersfield.
4. Attend Professional Networking Events: Attending professional networking events such as Bakersfield Tech User Group and Bakersfield Technology and IT Meetups can be a great way to meet software development professionals in Bakersfield.
5. Utilize a Recruiting Agency: Utilizing a recruiting agency such as Robert Half, Hired, and TechFetch can be an effective way to source and recruit software development talent in Bakersfield.
The best way to find developer talent in Bakersfield is to find them in the places where they have an online profile and are active. Examples of those platforms are GitHub and Stack Overflow. LinkedIn can also be a valuable source.
Talent search engines can help you find developers online through a variety of sources. Most talent search engines also provide verified contact details so you can reach out to the talent you have found. In some cases these engines even automate a big part of the outreach process so you can reach hundreds of candidates per day.
An example of a talent search and engagement engine is HeroHunt.ai which can find 1 billion candidates worldwide and lets you reach out automatically with personalized messages.
An alternative way to attract development talent is to post a job on a (local) job board.
5. Bakersfield College Job Board
6. Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce Job Board
7. KGET Jobs Board
8. Bakersfield Job Match
9. The Bakersfield Californian Jobs Board
10. Bakersfield Job Network
If you are sourcing for remote talent then you can utilize remote specific job boards where you can post your remote job.
5. We Work Remotely
8. Career Builder
When you’re hiring software developers you need to be aware of the local average salaries in order to provide a competitive job offer. Below are the average salaries for software developers per experience level.
The average salary for a Senior Developer in Bakersfield, California is $93,630 per year. This is based on an analysis of salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Senior Developer employees in Bakersfield, California. This amount is slightly lower than the national average, which is currently $95,711. The average salary range for a Senior Developer in Bakersfield is between $79,847 and $109,620. This range can vary depending on factors such as experience, education, and industry. Senior Developers in Bakersfield typically have 5-10 years of experience in software engineering, web development, and database design. They possess strong technical skills, including knowledge of current programming languages, frameworks, and software development processes. They are also responsible for developing and maintaining complex systems, leading and mentoring team members, and providing technical guidance to other developers.
Maybe your company doesn't have an office (yet) in Bakersfield. But that doesn't mean you can't hire employees in Bakersfield. There are several options like EORs which can help employ developers legally according to the regulations in Bakersfield.
An Employer of Record (EOR) is a third-party service provider that manages payroll, employee benefits, recruiting, and other HR services on behalf of a business. This service is often used by businesses that need to outsource their HR needs in order to reduce costs and complexity. If you are in Bakersfield and are looking to use an EOR, here are some tips on how to do so:
1. Research potential providers: Research potential EOR providers in Bakersfield and take some time to compare their services and fees.
2. Negotiate a contract: Once you have chosen a provider, negotiate a contract that outlines the services they will provide, the fees they will charge, and any other relevant details.
3. Set up accounts: Set up accounts with the provider so that they can manage payroll and other HR services on your behalf.
4. Monitor performance: Make sure to regularly monitor the performance of the EOR provider to ensure that they are meeting your expectations.
5. Review contracts: Review your contract with the EOR provider regularly to make sure that it is still meeting your needs.
Using an EOR in Bakersfield can be a great way to outsource your HR needs and reduce costs. With the right provider, you can ensure that your business is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations while freeing up time and resources to focus on other aspects of your business.
With these platforms you can make the entire world your potential talent pool.
The best platforms outside LinkedIn for finding exceptional tech talent.