Bangladesh is a South Asian country bordered by India and Burma. It is located in the Ganges-Brahmaputra Delta, a major river delta in South Asia, and is one of the most densely populated countries in the world. Bangladesh is a developing nation with a GDP per capita of around US$2,000. The main industries in Bangladesh are agriculture, textiles, shipping, and pharmaceuticals. The country is home to a diverse population of Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists. Bangladesh has one of the highest rates of development in South Asia, and is making strides in improving education, health care, and infrastructure.
According to the Bangladesh ICT Division, there are currently more than 400,000 tech professionals in Bangladesh. This talent pool is growing at a rate of 15-20% annually. The majority of this talent is concentrated in the fields of software development and IT services.In addition, the number of female tech professionals in Bangladesh is increasing steadily and currently stands at around 25%. This is encouraging in terms of gender diversity in the tech industry.Finally, Bangladeshis are also increasingly taking up tech jobs abroad. According to the Ministry of Expatriates' Welfare and Overseas Employment, over 1 million Bangladeshis are currently employed in the IT/ITES sectors in countries such as the United States, United Kingdom, Japan, Singapore, and Australia.
The tech ecosystem in Bangladesh is rapidly growing. It is home to a large number of tech startups, as well as established IT companies such as Grameenphone, Bangladesh Telecommunications Company Limited, and Aamra Technologies. There are also many local tech accelerators and incubators such as Grameenphone’s ICT Hub, The Dreamers, and Plan B that help foster innovation and entrepreneurship. The government is investing heavily in the country’s tech sector, and there are a number of organizations that have been set up to assist with the development of tech-related initiatives. There is a strong collaborative culture in Bangladesh, which has enabled the country to become a leader in the global tech industry.
1. Dhaka Tech Meetup
2. Chittagong Tech Meetup
3. Sylhet Tech Meetup
4. Khulna Tech Meetup
5. Barisal Tech Meetup
6. Rajshahi Tech Meetup
7. Rangpur Tech Meetup
8. Mymensingh Tech Meetup
9. Comilla Tech Meetup
10. Cox's Bazar Tech Meetup
1. Leverage your professional network: Reach out to your current contacts and ask for referrals to software development talent in Bangladesh.
2. Make use of online job boards: Use online job boards to search for software development talent in Bangladesh.
3. Utilize recruitment agencies: Recruitment agencies can help you to source software development talent in Bangladesh.
4. Attend networking events: Attend networking events and conferences related to software development in Bangladesh to meet potential candidates.
5. Leverage social media: Use social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter to source software development talent in Bangladesh.
6. Use online freelance marketplaces: Use online freelance marketplaces such as Upwork and Freelancer to find software development talent in Bangladesh.
The best way to find developer talent in Bangladesh is to find them in the places where they have an online profile and are active. Examples of those platforms are GitHub and Stack Overflow. LinkedIn can also be a valuable source.
Talent search engines can help you find developers online through a variety of sources. Most talent search engines also provide verified contact details so you can reach out to the talent you have found. In some cases these engines even automate a big part of the outreach process so you can reach hundreds of candidates per day.
An example of a talent search and engagement engine is HeroHunt.ai which can find 1 billion candidates worldwide and lets you reach out automatically with personalized messages.
An alternative way to attract development talent is to post a job on a (local) job board.
3. Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS)
8. Facebook Groups
9. Word of Mouth (Networking)
10. Local Universities and Colleges
If you are sourcing for remote talent then you can utilize remote specific job boards where you can post your remote job.
10. We Work Remotely
When you’re hiring software developers you need to be aware of the local average salaries in order to provide a competitive job offer. Below are the average salaries for software developers per experience level.
The average salary for a junior developer in Bangladesh is approximately BDT 40,000 per month. This salary can vary depending on experience and skill level, but the basic salary for a junior developer in Bangladesh is around BDT 40,000 per month. This salary can be supplemented with bonuses and other forms of compensation, but the base salary remains the same.
The average salary for a senior developer in Bangladesh is dependent on a variety of factors, such as experience, qualifications, and the nature of the employer. According to PayScale, the average salary for a senior developer in Bangladesh is 683,906 BDT per year. This breaks down to an average hourly rate of 32,937 BDT. The salary range for this position typically goes from 544,918 BDT to 886,748 BDT per year, with the top earners making around 1,095,715 BDT annually. Bonuses, benefits, and other forms of compensation can also contribute to the overall pay package.
Maybe your company doesn't have an office (yet) in Bangladesh. But that doesn't mean you can't hire employees in Bangladesh. There are several options like EORs which can help employ developers legally according to the regulations in Bangladesh.
An Employer of Record (EOR) is a service provider that takes responsibility for payroll, tax compliance, and other employment-related matters on behalf of a company in a foreign jurisdiction. This is helpful for companies who want to hire local talent but don't want to open a local entity or deal with the complexities of a foreign jurisdiction.
Using an EOR in Bangladesh is a great way for companies to hire and manage employees without having to set up a local entity or deal with the complexities of the local labor laws. Here are the steps to setting up an EOR in Bangladesh:
1. Choose an Employer of Record provider: Research various EOR providers to find one that meets your needs.
2. Set up an employer of record in Bangladesh: Your chosen EOR provider will help you set up an employer of record in Bangladesh. This will involve registering the company and obtaining a work permit.
3. Hire employees: Once the employer of record is set up, you can hire local employees. The EOR provider will help you with the recruitment and onboarding process.
4. Manage payroll and taxes: The EOR provider will manage payroll, taxes, and other employment-related matters on your behalf. This includes processing payroll and filing taxes.
5. Monitor compliance: The EOR provider will ensure your company is compliant with local labor laws and regulations.
Using an EOR in Bangladesh is a great way for companies to hire and manage employees without having to set up a local entity or deal with the complexities of the local labor laws. With the help of an EOR provider, you can easily hire and manage employees in Bangladesh without the hassle.
With these platforms you can make the entire world your potential talent pool.
The best platforms outside LinkedIn for finding exceptional tech talent.