Argentina is a country in South America located between the Andes Mountains and the South Atlantic Ocean. It is the second-largest country in South America and the eighth-largest country in the world. Argentina is a federal constitutional republic with a population of over 44 million people. Its capital and largest city is Buenos Aires. Argentina has a rich and diverse culture, including a wide range of musical styles, art, and literature. It is also home to some of the world's most stunning landscapes and wildlife, including the Iguazu Falls, the Perito Moreno Glacier, and the Valdes Peninsula. Argentina is also a major producer of agricultural products, including wheat, corn, and soybeans, and is one of the world's leading exporters of beef.
The tech talent landscape in Argentina is growing rapidly. According to the Global Talent Competitiveness Index 2019, Argentina ranks 51 out of 116 countries, with a total score of 68.4.In terms of overall talent competitiveness, Argentina is ranked in the top 25% of global countries, with a score of 68.4 out of 100.The country has a population of over 45 million people and a total labor force of about 18 million people. Of these, about 2.4 million are employed in the tech sector.In terms of educational attainment, Argentina has a literacy rate of 97.2%, with a youth literacy rate of 99.3%. In terms of higher education, the country has over 300 universities and colleges, with a gross enrollment rate in tertiary education of 43.6%.When it comes to the digital economy, the country has an internet penetration rate of approximately 62%, with a mobile penetration rate of 148%. There are over 3.2 million active digital entrepreneurs in Argentina.In terms of tech talent, Argentina is one of the top countries in Latin America, with an estimated 5,000 tech professionals working in the country. It is also home to a large number of tech startups, with over 700 tech startups in the country.
The tech ecosystem in Argentina has been rapidly growing in recent years. Buenos Aires has become a hub for tech companies, with many startups and established companies setting up offices there. There are several co-working spaces, accelerators, and incubators that offer resources and mentorship to entrepreneurs. The government has also been investing in the development and promotion of the tech industry. There are a number of venture capital firms and angel investors who are providing funding to startups. In addition, there are several tech-focused conferences and meetups, as well as a number of universities and research centers dedicated to advancing the tech sector. All of this has created an exciting and vibrant tech ecosystem in Argentina.
2. Buenos Aires Mobile
3. Argentine Cloud Developers
4. Buenos Aires Google Developer Group
5. BA DevOps
6. Buenos Aires Python
7. Buenos Aires Data Science
8. Buenos Aires Machine Learning
9. BA Blockchain
10. Buenos Aires AI & Robotics
1. Use Professional Recruitment Agencies: Professional recruitment agencies that specialize in software development talent can be an effective way of sourcing software development talent in Argentina. They can provide access to a wide range of candidates and can help to find the right person for the job.
2. Post Job Ads on Relevant Sites and Platforms: Posting job ads on relevant job sites, such as LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor, can help to reach a wide range of potential candidates.
3. Leverage Your Network: Leverage your network of contacts and reach out to people who may know of potential software development candidates. You can also use industry-specific forums and professional associations to reach out to potential candidates.
4. Attend Professional Events: Attend relevant professional events and conferences to meet potential software development candidates in person. You can also use these events as an opportunity to build relationships with potential candidates and to learn more about the market.
5. Utilize Social Media: Utilize social media to reach out to potential software development candidates. Posting job ads on platforms such as Twitter and Facebook can help to reach a wider audience.
The best way to find developer talent in Argentina is to find them in the places where they have an online profile and are active. Examples of those platforms are GitHub and Stack Overflow. LinkedIn can also be a valuable source.
Talent search engines can help you find developers online through a variety of sources. Most talent search engines also provide verified contact details so you can reach out to the talent you have found. In some cases these engines even automate a big part of the outreach process so you can reach hundreds of candidates per day.
An example of a talent search and engagement engine is HeroHunt.ai which can find 1 billion candidates worldwide and lets you reach out automatically with personalized messages.
An alternative way to attract development talent is to post a job on a (local) job board.
If you are sourcing for remote talent then you can utilize remote specific job boards where you can post your remote job.
When you’re hiring software developers you need to be aware of the local average salaries in order to provide a competitive job offer. Below are the average salaries for software developers per experience level.
The average salary for a junior developer in Argentina is approximately ARS$ 25,000 per month, which is equivalent to USD$ 1,500. This figure can vary depending on the company, the specific job role, and the individual's qualifications and experience. In general, junior developers in Argentina are responsible for developing new applications and programs, debugging existing code, and maintaining existing software. They may also be tasked with providing technical support and advice to users.
The average salary for a senior developer in Argentina varies depending on experience and skill level. Generally, senior developers can expect to earn between ARS 75,000 and ARS 115,000 per month. This amount can be higher or lower depending on the individual's experience, the type of industry they work in, and the specific job duties they are expected to perform. In addition to base salary, senior developers may also receive additional benefits such as health insurance, pension plans, and bonuses.
Maybe your company doesn't have an office (yet) in Argentina. But that doesn't mean you can't hire employees in Argentina. There are several options like EORs which can help employ developers legally according to the regulations in Argentina.
An Employer of Record (EOR) is an important tool used to simplify the process of hiring employees in Argentina. EORs are typically used by companies that are based outside of Argentina or do not have an office there. With an EOR, the company can hire employees in Argentina without having to set up a local legal entity or take on the responsibility of becoming an employer.
Here is how to use an Employer of Record (EOR) in Argentina:
1. Find an Experienced Employer of Record (EOR): It is important to partner with an experienced EOR that understands the complexities of hiring employees in Argentina. Look for an EOR with a good reputation and experience in the local market.
2. Understand the Process: Each EOR has its own process of onboarding employees. Make sure to understand the steps involved and any associated costs before signing any agreements.
3. Create an Employment Agreement: The EOR will create an employment agreement that sets out the terms and conditions of the employment. This agreement should be reviewed and approved by both parties before it is signed.
4. Set Up Payroll: The EOR will handle payroll and tax obligations on behalf of the company. They will ensure that all employees are paid on time and in accordance with local regulations.
5. Monitor Compliance: The EOR will be responsible for ensuring that the company is compliant with all local laws and regulations. They will also monitor employee performance and provide regular reports.
Using an Employer of Record (EOR) is a great way to simplify the process of hiring employees in Argentina. With an experienced EOR partner, companies can focus on their core business activities without worrying about the complexities of local regulations.
With these platforms you can make the entire world your potential talent pool.
The best platforms outside LinkedIn for finding exceptional tech talent.