Baghdad is the capital of Iraq and is located along the banks of the Tigris River. It is Iraq's largest city and is home to over 8 million people. Baghdad has a rich history, having been the center of the Abbasid Caliphate during the 8th century. It is home to many important cultural sites, including the ancient city of Babylon, the Great Mosque of Samarra, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Baghdad is also a major hub for industry, commerce, and education in the country. Baghdad, Iraq is also a great place to find software developers. But software engineers in Baghdad, Iraq are also hard to find and hard to hire. Experienced developers get a lot of messages from recruiters, in some cases five or ten messages per day. To find engineers in Baghdad, Iraq you have to search for engineers in different sources, reach out based on their preferred contact details, personalize your outreach and make an attractive offer. In this guide you'll learn more about the tech ecosystem in Baghdad, Iraq, which methods to use to find developers and how to hire them.
The statistics on tech talent in Baghdad, Iraq show that the city has a rapidly growing and vibrant tech sector. The number of tech jobs in the city has more than doubled from the start of 2015 to 2020, with the majority of roles focused on software and app development. The majority of tech talent in Baghdad is highly educated, with over half having a bachelor’s degree or higher. The sector is also heavily male-dominated, with 87% of tech professionals being male. Despite this, women are still an important part of the tech industry in Baghdad, making up 13% of the total workforce.
The tech ecosystem in Baghdad, Iraq has been rapidly growing over the past few years. With government initiatives to increase access to technology across the country, more and more Iraqis are able to access the internet, learn to code, and develop their own tech-related businesses.The tech ecosystem in Iraq consists of a number of different organizations and stakeholders, including tech startups, tech incubators, co-working spaces, venture capitalists, and accelerator programs. These organizations are helping to foster the development of tech startups in the country, and are providing resources and support for entrepreneurs.The tech ecosystem in Baghdad is still in its early stages, but the potential for growth is there. With the right investments and support, Iraq could become a major player in the global tech industry.
1. Baghdad Tech Meetup
2. Iraq Technology Forum
3. Iraqi Tech Community
4. Baghdad Data Science Meetup
5. Baghdad DevOps Meetup
6. Baghdad Coding Bootcamp
7. Baghdad Robotics Meetup
8. Baghdad Mobile Development Meetup
9. Baghdad Security Meetup
10. Baghdad Startup Meetup
1. Use professional networking websites such as LinkedIn to search for software developers in Baghdad, Iraq.
2. Contact local software development companies in Baghdad and ask them for referrals.
3. Use online job boards such as Indeed and Glassdoor to post job advertisements.
4. Utilize professional recruitment agencies specializing in software development talent.
5. Reach out to universities and tech schools in Baghdad and inquire about available talent.
6. Leverage social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to advertise job openings.
7. Participate in local software development events and meetups in Baghdad.
The best way to find developer talent in Baghdad, Iraq is to find them in the places where they have an online profile and are active. Examples of those platforms are GitHub and Stack Overflow. LinkedIn can also be a valuable source.
Talent search engines can help you find developers online through a variety of sources. Most talent search engines also provide verified contact details so you can reach out to the talent you have found. In some cases these engines even automate a big part of the outreach process so you can reach hundreds of candidates per day.
An example of a talent search and engagement engine is HeroHunt.ai which can find 1 billion candidates worldwide and lets you reach out automatically with personalized messages.
An alternative way to attract development talent is to post a job on a (local) job board.
If you are sourcing for remote talent then you can utilize remote specific job boards where you can post your remote job.
10. Virtual Vocations
When you’re hiring software developers you need to be aware of the local average salaries in order to provide a competitive job offer. Below are the average salaries for software developers per experience level.
The average salary for a junior developer in Baghdad, Iraq is approximately $45,000 USD per year. This salary is slightly lower than the national average salary for software developers in the country, which is around $48,000 USD. The salary range for junior developers in Baghdad is typically between $37,000 and $52,000 USD per year. Junior developers are usually employed in entry-level positions and are responsible for tasks such as writing code, debugging and testing software, and documenting applications. They may also be required to provide technical support to users and other developers.
The average salary for a senior developer in Baghdad, Iraq is approximately $3,000 per month. This salary is significantly lower than the global average for senior developers, as Iraq has a lower cost of living than many other countries. The salary includes a base salary of $2,500 to $2,900, depending on experience and skills, plus additional benefits, such as health insurance, vacation pay, and bonuses. Senior developers in Baghdad typically work with large companies and earn more than junior developers.
Maybe your company doesn't have an office (yet) in Baghdad, Iraq. But that doesn't mean you can't hire employees in Baghdad, Iraq. There are several options like EORs which can help employ developers legally according to the regulations in Baghdad, Iraq.
1. Research reputable EORs: Before you can use an Employer of Record in Baghdad, Iraq, you must first research and select a reputable EOR to work with. Make sure to research their services, fees, and experience in providing EOR services in Iraq.
2. Set up an account: Once you have identified a reputable EOR, you will need to create an account with them. This account will allow you to access their services and will be used to manage the payroll, taxes, and other administrative requirements associated with employing workers in Iraq.
3. Choose your employees: Once you have an account set up, you will be able to choose the employees you want to hire. The EOR will take care of all the necessary paperwork and will handle the payroll and taxes.
4. Negotiate wages: After you have chosen your employees, you will need to negotiate wages with the EOR. The EOR will be responsible for paying the wages, so it is important to make sure you are getting a fair deal.
5. Monitor progress: Once you have hired your employees, you will need to monitor the progress of the employees and the EOR. Make sure to check in with both parties regularly to ensure that everything is running smoothly.
Using an Employer of Record in Baghdad, Iraq can be a great way to ensure that your business is compliant with local laws and regulations. However, it is important to make sure you are working with a reputable EOR and that you are getting a good deal on wages and other costs associated with employing workers in Iraq.
With these platforms you can make the entire world your potential talent pool.
The best platforms outside LinkedIn for finding exceptional tech talent.